This episode will wrap up the google docs series. You can start with Part 1 and Part 2, or jump straight into this one. With our persistence layer (the Google Docs Spreadsheet) and unit tests around geo-targetting addresses completed, we’ll tackle the view and try and visualize our data using the Google Maps API. This video will also touch on Zend_View, Zend_Controller, Zend_Registry and bootstrapping with Zend_Config. All of this wouldn’t be possible without Zend_GData. Download the source code, browse it online and don’t be shy to ask questions in the forum.
- review of current unit tests
- 1:30 – review of the google docs spreadsheet
- 3:30 – creating an API key
- 5:00 – grabbing spreadsheet data
- 8:30 – embedding google maps
- 12:00 – embedding one marker
- 30:30 – moving configuration data into the application.ini file